Host Family Enquiry
Learn about a Foreign Culture and gain an International Family Member
Hosting an international exchange student in your home, on a voluntary basis, can be an experience for you and your family.
- Give your son/daughter a head-start on their exchange program by hosting an international student before your child goes on their exchange. See first-hand how to successfully immerse yourself in a new culture, fine-tune your language skills and make friends in a new school community. The duration of hosting is up to you.
- Gain a new international family member. Become great friends and have fun learning about each others’ culture, sport, ideas and interests.
- Qualify for a 10% Priority Exchange Rebate off the outbound program fee by hosting an international student. This special rebate applies to current outbound students, students going on program or those who have returned from program. Call 1800 500 501 for details.
What makes a great host family?
- Interested in international culture and gaining a new family member.
- Families that value togetherness, friendship, sharing and understanding.
- Whether from the city, country, with own kids or no kids; young family or empty-nester can apply to become a volunteer host family. It’s easy and it’s fun!
There are many excellent students to choose from, including those from Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the USA.
For more information about becoming a volunteer Australian Host Family, please complete the enquiry form below, or come along to a public information session or just call us on 1800 500 501.