Host Family Enquiry
Learn about a Foreign Culture and gain an International Family Member
Hosting an international exchange student in your home on a voluntary basis can be a wonderful and educational experience for you and your family.
- The duration of hosting is completely up to you, and SCCE will do our best to ensure you host an exchange student that suits your family’s interests and lifestyle.
- All of you will gain a new international family member. The relationship between a hosts family and their exchange student can be very special, as over time you will become great friends and have fun learning about each others’ culture, sport, ideas and interests.
- Hosting gives your son/daughter a head-start on their exchange program by experiencing first-hand how to successfully immerse yourself in a new culture, fine-tune your language skills and make friends in a new school community.
- When you host, you qualify for a 10% Priority Exchange Rebate off the outbound program fee. This special rebate applies to current outbound students, students going on program or those who have returned from program. Call 1800 500 501 for details.
What makes a great host family?
- Are you interested in international cultures and gaining a new family member?
- Are you excited to share your own culture and the beauty of Australia?
- Do you value togetherness, friendship, sharing and understanding?
- Regardless if you are from the city or country, with kids or no kids, young family or empty-nester, whatever your stage in life, anyone can apply to become a volunteer host family.
There are many excellent students to consider hosting from Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the USA. You will receive support along the way from SCCE staff and Local Coordinators, and there will always be something there to guide you through the program.
For more information about becoming a volunteer Australian Host Family, please complete the enquiry form below, come along to a free public information session or just call us on 1800 500 501.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.